Thursday, December 2, 2010

Well England? Which one of us is going to change?

Hi blog, I missed you. A random thought I typed out this morning before starting my work for the day...


Which is easier to change, all of England (with its annoyances...see Nicole's blog)….or for God to change my heart? Let’s see,


For the next three years, I can either DEMAND that this country change:

- Its whole attitude about customer service

- Its not being bothered at all about said lack of customer service

- Its not being bothered at all when things are totally out of stock in the store, for day after day, and/or when simple tasks are covered from head to toe in red tape and are utterly inconvenient

- Its whole ethos of “Well, it’s not bad…considering”, when it really is bad!


Or, for the next three years, I can (by grace):

- See every annoyance as an opportunity to lean just a little bit more on the strong arms of the Lord

- Set aside my perceived ‘rights’ to having things the way I want them, when I want them (After all, I am the one who gets livid when people in America, or here, speak about how every human being has a ‘right’ to proper health care, or to this or that item, which in fact is a privilege and not at all a right.)

- Begin to see myself as the demanding and unreasonable one, instead of them (Hey, they probably are trying their best)

- Be much quicker to check my own impatience and unbelief, seeing how God in Christ has been infinitely more patient with me, than I have ever been with my fellow man.

- Believe with my heart what my mouth professes to believe, namely, that even though I may be put out for a time, through this adversity the door stands cracked to enter into and enjoy the consoling fellowship which Christ promises to the spiritually thirsty.

- Say, with Hudson Taylor, “My need now is great and urgent, but God is greater and more near.And because HE IS, and is WHAT HE IS, all must be, all is, all will be well.”

- Say and believe with John Flavel, “Christ is now come near us in the gospel.”


Hmmmm, in light of all this, I think England should change.


Just kidding.

I love you, Mother England.


1 comment:

  1. Your font is huge. You do not use periods to end your sentences....but I like the message.

    ReplyDelete